A clinic that provides assessment and treatment of lower extremity alignment and function disorders.
Our Orthopaedic Clinic will assist families if there are concerns for a child in the area of orthopaedics (e.g. alignment issues, walking, irregularities etc.) Our team will complete assessments of lower extremity alignment and function, including observation of the child or youth’s walking and movements as well as manipulation of limbs and joints.
A referral for an orthotic device or modification to footwear may be provided, if needed, along with follow up appointments to monitor growth and change
The Orthopaedic Clinic can assist you if you have concerns for you child in the area of orthopaedics, such as;
- Walking frequently on toes over the age of 3; common for children who are just starting to walk.
- Pain in hips, knees or ankles
- Bowlegged or Knock Kneed that is causing pain or affecting their function
- Legs are different lengths
- Flat Feet after the age of 2 that is causing difficulty walking, pain in the leg, feet or back, and/or making the fit of the shoes difficult
- Feet are noticeably curved inward or outward that is affecting their ability to walk, example; causing tripping.
- In-toe or out-toe walking is affecting their ability to walk, example; causing tripping.
Our Clinic Team will work with your family to determine the most appropriate means of improvement.
Our Orthopaedic Clinic :
Our One Kids Place Orthopaedic Clinic works in partnership with local orthopaedic specialists (vendors, orthoptists and physicians) in the Districts of Muskoka, Nipissing and Parry Sound.
Children and youth (up to 19 years of age, or 21 if they are attending secondary school) who resides within the Districts of Muskoka, Nipissing and Parry Sound.
What services do we offer? – Downloadable PDF
Checklist and diagrams.