Infant Blind to Low Vision Program
This program supports the assessment and intervention services for infants and preschool children who are blind or low vision as diagnosed by an ophthalmologist.
One Kids Place Blind to Low Vision Program works in partnership with:
- Simcoe Muskoka Parry Sound Blind Low Vision Program
- Children’s Development Services Royal Victoria Hospital Program
- North Bay Regional Health Center in the Nipissing and Timiskaming Districts.
The Program includes:
- Assessment and intervention services for infants and preschool children
- Child and Family Intervention Services
- Childcare Consultation
Your Blind to Low Vision Team consists of a One Kids Place Social Worker and the Northeast Blind Low Vision Program team to assist family access to our services related to low vision/blindness.
Infants and children who are Blind or Low Vision as diagnosed by an ophthalmologist between the ages of 0-6 years are eligible for the Blind to Low Vision Program through the Ontario Blind to Low Vision program.
Referrals to One Kids Place Blind to Low Vision are accepted through Northeast Blind to Low Vision program or the Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre Simcoe Muskoka Blind to Low Vision program.