One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre is committed to meet the required Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
As such, One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre is committed to:
- Working towards being compliant with all the standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) as they are introduced and become law;
- Recognizing the history of discrimination against persons with disabilities in Ontario and the fundamental importance of developing, implementing and enforcing standards in a timely manner in order to achieve accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities;
- The principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity described in the AODA and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities, in a timely manner, through the implementation of this policy;
- Establishing. maintaining and implementing policies as well as associated practices and procedures in the Integrated Regulation , specifically in the areas of information and communications, employment and transportation (if applicable), and to meet the accessibility needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner;
- Excellence in serving all of our clients, including people with disabilities. When providing information to, or communicating with, a person with a disability, we. will provide the information and communication in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability;
- Ongoing improvements to accessibility in its premises and facilities as required by law, as well as to the services offered to clients, employees, volunteers and members of the general public;
- One Kids Place is committed to promoting values that support relationships between people with disabilities and the organization;
- Securing the involvement of people with disabilities in the development and review of its annual accessibility plan, a requirement that applies to the public sector;
- The establishment, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of a multi-year accessibility plan, which outlines the organization’s strategy to prevent and remove barriers and meet its requirements under the Integrated Regulation;
- The incorporation of accessibility criteria and features when procuring or acquiring services or facilities.
- The incorporation of accessibility criteria and features when designing. procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks;
- The training of all employees. volunteers, persons who deal with customers and the public on One Kids Place’s behalf, and persons participating in the development and approval of One Kids Place’s policies, practices and procedures on the requirements under the Integrated Regulation and the Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities; and
- Implementing specific requirements, policies, practices and procedures, and a multi-year plan under the Standards for Information and Communication, Employment, and Transportation (if applicable).
The commitments are intended to ensure that accessibility remains a priority in One Kids Place Children’s Treatment Centre’s decision-making process and will serve to assist in ensuring that decisions improve accessibility.
Questions related to accessibility standards, feedback or complaints can be provided by:
- Visiting reception: Ask for a Client Feedback Form
- Phone: Call 705-476-5437
- or 1-866-626-9100, ext. 3875
- Mail: Send a letter addressed to the Manager of Human Resources and Corporate Services, 400 McKeown Avenue, North Bay ON, P1B 0B2
- Website: Download the Client feedback Form and mail to the Manager of Human Resources and Corporate Services, 400 McKeown Avenue, North Bay ON, P1B 082
- E-mail: Send questions or comments to Accessibility@onekidsplace.ca