Seating and Mobility Services:
- Assisting children/youth and their families in meeting their equipment needs locally and determines the type of equipment required for an optimal fit for use by the child/youth in their environment.
- Therapists may refer children to this clinic who require a manual or power wheelchair, a positioning device, a walker, a specialized stroller, a bicycle, and equipment used to train crawling in very young children.
- A service that can assist you if you have concerns for your child in the area of need for;
- Appropriate equipment for positioning
- Equipment for seating
- Equipment for mobility and movement
Seating and Mobility Team:
- The Seating and Mobility team consists of an Occupational Therapist, a Physiotherapist and Therapy Assistant. These therapists work in consultation with the vendor as required to meet the needs of each individual child/youth.
Seating and Mobility Services Include:
- Assessment of seating and mobility needs
- Evaluation for the appropriate fit of devices
- Working with vendor(s) to have equipment on site that is required for the assessment.
- Having the appropriate ADP and/or other funding forms completed
Referral to seating and mobility services:
- Call: One Kids Place: 1-866-626-9100 You will be given a date and time for a full intake from OKP Central Intake service
- Online: Download the Referral Form and mail or fax to One Kids Place
- Referrals can be made by a parent/caregiver, family physician, Paediatrician, and other third party referrals with parent consent
Seating and Mobility PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
- The child/youth must reside in the District of Nipissing, Muskoka or Parry Sound
- Children and youth are eligible up to 19 years of age
- The child/youth presents with a physical and/or developmental disability
- The child/youth requires a device post surgically or for a period longer than six months