Orthopaedic Clinic services:
- Assessment of lower extremity alignment and function.
- Construction of an orthotic, device or modification to footwear if needed
- Partnership with the Orthopaedic specialists (vendors, orthotists and physicians) in the Districts of Nipissing, Muskoka and Parry Sound
- A service that can assist you if you have concerns for your child in the area of orthopaedic
The orthopaedic team consists of the child/youth’s physiotherapist and the orthotist and any other orthopaedic specialist required.
Orthopaedic Clinic Services Include:
- Evaluation of the child/youth needs including observation of the child/youth walking/moving as well as manipulation of limbs and joints.
- If an orthotic, device or modification to footwear is necessary, measurement for the appropriate support to be built or ordered will be part of the assessment.
- A follow up appointment for fitting of the orthotic is usually required.
- Follow up appointments to monitor growth and change
Referral to Orthopaedic Clinic Services:
- Call: One Kids Place: 1-866-626-9100 You will be given a date and time for a full intake from OKP Central Intake service
- Online: Download the Referral Form and mail or fax to One Kids Place
- Referrals can be made by a parent/caregiver, family physician, Paediatrician, Infant and Child Development Program, Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program, or other therapists involved with the child.
Orthopaedic clinic ELIGIBILITY
- Children/youth up to 19 years of age who reside in the districts of Nipissing, Muskoka and Parry Sound.
- Must be referred by a physiotherapist and if necessary, have a signed prescription from the physician or signed ADP (Assistive Devices Program) form, if needed.