Healthy Bodies Services
- Assists children and youth and their families to manage a healthy body weight, healthy lifestyle and healthy eating habits.
- Assessment, consultation and treatment related to healthy living
Healthy Bodies Team
Healthy Bodies team members include the Physiotherapist, Social Worker and Therapeutic Recreationist working in consultation with the family physician and/or Paediatrician and a dietician as required to meet the needs of each individual child.
Healthy Bodies Services Include
- The parents/caregivers and child/youth attend the Healthy Bodies clinic at One Kids Place site.
- Parent Training following the Triple P accredited program for “Healthy Lifestyles”
- Monitor changes through measuring key indicators for health and wellness.
- The Healthy Bodies team will provide an evaluation of readiness to change and physical wellness.
- Follow up consultation will be scheduled to support the child/youth and family in achieving their goals.
Referral to Healthy Bodies Services
- Call: One Kids Place: 1-866-626-9100 You will be given a date and time for a full intake from OKP Central Intake service
- Online: Download the Referral Form and mail or fax to One Kids Place
- Referrals can be made by a parent/caregiver, family physician, Paediatrician, or other third party referrals with parent consent.
Healthy Bodies PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
- The child/youth must reside in the District of Nipissing, Muskoka or Parry Sound
- Children and youth are eligible up to 19 years of age
- The child/youth and family presents with complex needs and requires a collaborative, interdisciplinary assessment and intervention